It is possible to merge two clients (or suppliers) into a single entity. The need for merging two entities in Megaventory emerges when these entities have been created by mistake in the system with a slightly different name in two different points in time. For example:
John Smith, Co
John Smith & Co
may refer to the same business entity. In such a case, merging those entities is the suggested action.
To start, click the Gear Icon (top-right) and select either Suppliers or Clients from the right sidebar.
Once the list loads, you must choose exactly two entities which you will be merging. To merge more than two, first merge the first two, then merge the third etc.
Clicking on Merge brings a pop-up window where you may select which entity will be preserved.
Click at Merge to complete the process.
- If one of the fields is empty and the other isn't, then the non-empty is preserved. For example, if the Phone field exists in the non-selected entity and does not exist in the selected entity, the Phone field of the non-selected entity will be copied to the selected entity.
- Apart from the client details all associated documents (orders and invoices) are also merged. This is a process which is not reversible!
- Contacts are also merged into the new entity. If a contact has the same name or other feature, no overwrite takes place. In case a contact is common among the merged entities both contacts will remain.
- It is possible to merge a client with another client that is also a supplier. In such a case, the remaining entity will be a client and a supplier.
- Merging is an irreversible action and past orders/invoices are affected. For that matter, only administrators have access to this feature.